Our Privacy Values.
Thank you for visiting us online at www.mcdonalds.com.ph. At McDonald's, we strive to do everything we can to respect the trust customers have in our brand and our commitment to your privacy is no exception. We are committed to protecting and safeguarding consumer privacy on the Internet, especially for children.
- Purposes for which we collect and use data
- How we share data to trusted companies, businesses and vendors
- The protection and security measures that we have designed
- How long we retain various data
- Your access and control to your own Personal Data
- Links to external websites and social media
- How to contact us
1. Types of Information We Collect and How It Is Used
Information You Give Us.
McDonald’s Philippines only gathers personal information, such as, first and last names, age, postal/billing addresses, email addresses, mobile/telephone numbers, identity supporting details (such as Senior Citizen/Persons with Disability identifications), Online Services account information (such as username and password), transaction information (such as the products you buy and payment preferences), and other details provided in your public Facebook profile, if applicable, as well as other metadata such as frequency of usage, product preferences, preferred delivery times, and other log-in data (Wi-Fi log-in information) (collectively, the “Personal Data”), when voluntarily submitted by you. You may choose not to provide the requested information, but in that event we may not be able to fulfil your order for products/services or the Site or Mobile App may not function correctly or certain functions may not be available.
McDonald’s may use various new and hereafter developed technologies to collect Usage Information and demographic information about you (“Tracking Technologies”) which technologies may be downloaded to your device and may set or modify settings on your device. A few of the methods that may be used to collect Usage Information include, without limitation, the following (and subsequent technology and methods hereafter developed):
Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is a programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with Mobile Apps, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server or a third party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Mobile App, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
ETag (or entity tag). A feature of the cache in browsers. It is an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL. If the resource content at that URL ever changes, a new and different ETag is assigned. Used in this manner, ETags are a form of device identifier. ETag tracking may generate unique tracking values even where the consumer blocks HTTP, Flash, and HTML5 cookies.
Mobile Devices and Location Information.
Mobile Apps may collect precise information about the location of your mobile device using technologies such as GPS, Wi-Fi, or cell tower proximity. McDonald’s uses this information for location-based services that you request such as locating nearby McDonald’s restaurants or identifying special offers that may be of interest to you or to deliver relevant content to you based on your location or to allow you to share your location to other users as part of the services under our Mobile Apps. For most mobile devices, you are able to withdraw your permission for McDonald’s to acquire this information on your location through the device settings.
If you have any questions about how to prevent us from collecting exact information about your location, we recommend you contact your mobile-device service provider, the device manufacturer, or your web-browser provider. Some Online Services may not work properly without information about your location. If you would like us to delete information we have collected which could identify your location, please contact us through the Contact information provided below. By law, please note that we may need to keep certain information.
The protection and security measures that we have designed.
To ensure the security of the Personal Data you submit, McDonald’s Philippines always uses industry-standard encryption software and technologies when transferring and receiving customer data. We have appropriate security measures that protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of Personal Data that you have submitted. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you understand that there may be circumstances beyond McDonald’s Philippines’ reasonable control that may result in the instability or insufficiency of said measures. You agree that, under such circumstances, McDonald’s Philippines shall not be liable or responsible for any unauthorized use, sharing, transfer, alteration, loss, or damage to any information that McDonald’s Philippines may have gathered.
How long we retain various data.
2. Use and Sharing of Personal Information
When you use relevant Services, McDonald’s may collect, process, use and/or store your personal information for the following purposes:
- for carrying out your requests, fulfilling orders, processing payments, and providing delivery services;
- to allow you access and use our Online Services, where without them, our Online Services may not work properly;
- to provide you with information or services that you have requested or agreed to receive, including to send you electronic newsletters, or to provide you with special offers or promotional materials on behalf of it or third parties during any promotions (if you consent). By opting in to receive promotional email, and marketing materials, you hereby give permission to McDonald’s Philippines to send you direct and indirect marketing materials and advertising information to you, such as discount coupons and information about new product offerings based on your customer profile and behavior. If you wish to change your preference in this regard, you can contact us through the Contact information provided below;
- To tell you about the products and services of our business partners (if you consent). If you elect not to receive direct or indirect marketing materials from McDonald’s Philippines’ business partners, McDonald’s Philippines will send a mailing or e-mail messages on behalf of the partners. You can contact us through the Contact information provided below should you opt not to receive such marketing materials from McDonald’s Philippines’ business partners, whether from them directly or through McDonald’s Philippines;
- to process your registration with the Services, including verifying your information is active and valid;
- to enable you to participate in a variety of the Online Service’s features such as promotions;
- to improve the Services or our services, to customise your experience on the Services, or to serve you specific content that is most relevant to you;
- to contact you with regard to your use of the Services or any of your requests, questions, complaints, and comments and, in our discretion, make changes to the any of our privacy policies;
- to remember you, for your convenience, when you visit our Online Services;
- to market to you through targeted advertising;
- to maintain, manage, and improve our offers, promotions, and Online Services and for the development of other technology;
- to protect against, identify, and prevent fraud and other crime, claims, and other liabilities;
- to provide, transfer and/or store any data that it collects from you to McDonald’s parent, subsidiary, associated and affiliated companies, or to any agent, contractor or third party service provider located in or outside of Philippines which provides administrative, data processing, computer or other services to McDonald’s, to enable McDonald’s to carry out the purposes permitted under this Policy;
- to disclose personal information to those involved in the negotiation or transfer of McDonald’s in the event of a merger, acquisition, financing, or sale of assets or any other situation involving the transfer of some or all of McDonald’s business assets;
- for internal analysis purposes, such as for research and development of products and services (including research on trends or analytics); and
- for any other purposes for which you have consented, such as those that may be set out in this Policy, and other purposes as permitted or required by any applicable law.
- To comply with any applicable laws or rules and regulations.
We may use the information that we collect about you in other ways, which we will tell you about at the time that we collect it or for which we will seek your consent.
If you no longer want to receive any further communications from McDonald’s, please contact us via our contact information set out below.
We will, on occasion send marketing information on behalf of one of our business partners about products or services they provide that may be of interest to you. You may be asked if you wish to receive marketing materials from McDonald’s business partners. If you elect to receive such materials, McDonald’s will not share your personal information with such partners but rather will send a mailing or e-mail on behalf of the partners.
McDonald’s Philippines reserves the right to use or disclose any information as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to protect the integrity of the Online Services, to fulfill your requests, or to cooperate in any law enforcement investigation or an investigation on a matter of public safety.
3. Children’s Privacy Notice
McDonald’s understands the importance of privacy to visitors to and users of our Services. We are especially committed to protecting the privacy of children who visit or use our Services. This Children’s Privacy Notice is designed to answer your questions regarding our practices with respect to personal information we collect through our Services from children under the age of eighteen (18) (subject always to applicable law).
What Personal Information Does McDonald’s Collect?
Generally, Personal Data will not be collected from any person who is known by McDonald’s Philippines to be under the age of 18 (the “Child”) without the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
We may offer many features on our Sites, like games and colouring books, which do not require a child to provide any personal information. On occasion, however, we may collect personal information, such as an email address from children as part of an activity. For example:
We may collect a child’s email address to notify the child if he or she has won or lost a contest or sweepstakes. In that event, we will notify the child using the email address the child supplies. We will not keep the address or use it for any other purpose.
We may collect a child’s email address in order to respond to a request from the child on a one-time basis, such as to send the child a screen saver. In this case we promptly delete the email address from our system once we have responded, and we do not use the address for any other purpose.
We will not collect more detailed information from a Child, without the consent of a parent or guardian. If parent or guardian consent is required we will collect the email address of the parent or guardian so we can provide notice of our information practices and/or seek the parent’s or guardian’s consent. McDonald’s Philippines will not condition a Child's participation in any child-appropriate online activity on the Child's disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in that activity.
How Does McDonald’s Use the Personal Information It Collects?
We use email addresses submitted by a child in order to respond to the child’s request or to notify the child if he or she has won or lost a contest or sweepstakes they entered. We use the email address of a parent or guardian, in order to provide the parent notice of our information practices or to seek the parent’s or guardian’s consent.
Personal Data collected from the Child is used solely by McDonald’s Philippines, the McDonald's System, and its service providers.
How Does McDonald’s Share Personal Information?
We may share the Child's Personal Data with third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to protect the security or integrity of our Services, take precautions against liability, or respond to judicial process or requests from other governmental authorities; or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We may also share Personal Data collected from the Child with vendors that perform services for GADC and/ or McDonald's. These services may include hosting our Online Services, providing technical, marketing, advertising fulfillment or other services to GADC or the McDonald's system. Such vendors are obligated to protect the confidentiality of the Personal Data that we share with them.
Requests from Parents Regarding Our Children’s Privacy Practices
Parents may review personal information we have collected from their child that has not been deleted, and can request that the personal information be deleted from our records if it has not been already. Parents also may refuse to permit further collection or use of their child’s personal information, when the parent has previously provided consent. To do so, please contact us through the Contact information provided below.
Who Should I Contact with Questions?
We urge parents to regularly monitor and supervise their Child’s on-line activities. If you have any questions about our Children’s Privacy Notice, please contact us through the Contact information provided below.
You are in control of any Personal Data you submit and provide to us through our Services. If at any time, you would like to access, edit, correct, or update the Personal Data we have about you or if you would like to change your preferences for communications from us or on behalf of our business partners, or if you would like to withdraw the Personal Data that you had given or provided, you can let us know by contacting us through the Contact information provided below.
“Cookies” are pieces of information that a website transfers to an individual’s hard drive for record keeping purposes. Cookies allow the website to remember important information that will make your use of the site more convenient. “Web beacon” is a small object or image that is embedded into a web page, application, or email and is used to track activity. They are also sometimes referred to as pixels and tags.
For example, we track the total number of users of our Online Services on an anonymous aggregate basis. We may also employ cookies so that we remember you when you make a repeat use of our Online Services, to keep track of transactions or items in your shopping cart if you purchase merchandise online, or your preferred items or store locations, or to administer certain contests and sweepstakes and to help customize your experience. We may associate Personal Data with a cookie file in those instances. Your browser and other choices may impact your experiences with the Online Services.
We may also collect information about your:
- Internet protocol (IP) address;
- Computer or mobile-device operating system and browser type;
- Type of mobile device and settings;
- Unique device identifier (UDID) or mobile equipment identifier (MDID) for your mobile device;
- Advertising identifiers (for example, IDFAs and IPAs) or similar identifiers;
- Referring website (a site that has led you to ours) or application;
- Online activity on other websites, applications, or social media;
- Communications to us or regarding us on social media; and
- Activity related to how you use our Online Services, such as the pages you visit on our sites or in our mobile apps.
Our Online Services (and other services that we may later on develop) may collect information about the exact location of your mobile device or computer using geolocation and technology such as GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or cell tower proximity. We may also collect information about you from other companies and organizations. We may also collect information that is publicly available.
Use the options in your web browser if you do not wish to receive a cookie or if you wish to set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. Click on the “Help” section of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of relevant Services.
6. Links to Other Sites
We may offer links to sites that are not operated by McDonald’s Philippines and /or its affiliates. If you visit one of these linked sites, you should review their privacy and other policies. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of other companies, and any information you submit to those companies is subject to their privacy policies.
We may also have providers of other apps, tools, widgets, and plug-ins on our Online Services, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, which may also use automated methods to collect information about how you use these features. These organizations may use your information in line with their own policies.
7. Other McDonald’s Services
9. How to Contact Us
GOLDEN ARCHES DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
16th-18th Floors, Citibank Centre Building
8741 Paseo de Roxas Avenue
Makati City, Philippines
Attention: Emanette Veronica K. Crisostomo, Data Protection Officer
Or send an email to: Customer Care at firstname.lastname@example.org.